Municipal Library of Ostrov is located in the historical building of the Palace of the Princes in the Castle Park. The Palace of the Princes is a dominant of the historical centre of Ostrov, and its beginnings date to the end of the 17th century, when the town became the residence of Louis William, Margrave of Baden-Baden. In the years 2009-11, the building was extensively renovated and converted into the Municipal Library with the help of funding from the EU. The Palace of the Princes is also a popular destination for many domestic and foreign tourists.
Municipal Library of Ostrov is a public library serving many cultural functions. One can borrow traditional and non-traditional types of documents, including borrowing e-books. It also provides reference and reprography services, as well as organises art exhibitions, concerts, lectures, and symposiums. It also supports the life-long learning activities of people in the form of courses and the Virtual University of the Third Age. Municipal Library of Ostrov supports the activities of the associations in Ostrov, and cooperates with schools of all levels. An organisational unit of the library is the Chronicle of Ostrov.
Wi-Fi access in the entire building is a matter of course, as well as online communication with library users. Users have online access to the library’s database and to their reader’s account. One can make or cancel title reservations online, renew the loan period, etc.
The Municipal Library is organisationally and spatially divided into:
The library is open from Monday to Saturday – according to the current opening hours of the library.
Poslední aktualizace stránky: 22. 10. 2018 15:21
|Adult and Reading room|
|9.00 - 17.00|
|Youth and Music dep.|
|13.00 - 17.00|
The founder of the Municipal Library of Ostrov is city Ostrov. The library has been opened in 1945 and each year it is visited by nearly 50 000 visitors. The library works as a community and educational center, besides classical and electronic lending.
We look forward to your visit!